Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Eating Stars

One of my favorite lines in A Hundred Foot Journey refers to Gandhi "eating stars."   When I heard it, uttered by Om Puri on the screen, my memory was propelled back to these recently completed pieces in my studio, all of which came out of my head, but were intended to have something of a celestial connotation.

This has been a summer of moons and stars and fireworks and celebrations in the sky, real and human-made.  The sunsets have been dazzling, and the sun rises offered quiet meditations on the power of color to make a day even as it was just beginning.

These 2 pieces began as hurriedly made prints in my studio at home with no idea as to how I was going to follow up on them.  Sometimes those are the best pieces.  They make themselves.


Super Moon
15" x 15"
pastel over monoprint



Dancing Stars
15" x 15"
pastel over monoprint

 

No comments: